- Farmacia901 is a media-network founded around principles of beauty as minimalism, music as design and sound as malleable material, fusing elements ranging from experimental electronics to sound art and microsounds. The label focuses on releasing sound works via limited edition CDs, art-objects and digital works that combine a deeply emotional aim with a clear conceptual framework and aesthetic vision.
Farmacia (English, Pharmacy, derives its name from the Greek root pharmakon, a drug) is the branch of the health sciences dealing with the preparation, dispensing, manufacture, formulation, quality control and proper utilization of medicaments used to treat disease. The majority of modern medicaments consist of tablets, capsules and injections, all produced under stringent conditions. It also known as a place where drugs are compounded or sold.
901 are data.
- 2008 — Present
- Artistic Director, Graphic & Web Designer
- Inner8, Asmus Tietchens, Yann Novak, Fabio Perletta, Richard Chartier, Nicolad Bernier, Ubik, Be Invisible Now!, M.B. / Maurizio Bianchi, Andrea Ics Ferraris, MDF, Kaeba, Tiziano Milani, Erik Ursich, Nō, Mokuhen, Vincenzo Core, Silvia Orengo, Sebastien Roux, Hogo, Lea Moreau, mise_en_scene, Federico Placidi, Emmanuel Allard, Shinkei, Mark Cetilia, Ken Ikeda, Pjusk, Drøp, Precocious Mouse, Phorm, Y:E:T, TeZ, Mimosa Moize, Gianluca Favaron, Terje Paulsen, Giuseppe Pradella, Roberto Crippa, @C, Yuki Aida, Erico Wakamatsu, Ennio Mazzon, France Jobin, Robert Crouch, Franz Rosati
- Komakino ‘Zine Suono e (im)materia / Prescrizioni mediche lette da Fabio Perletta
WitClub Beauty as minimalism
- Nicola Catalano | Field: Atom(s) Entropy + Ianurek 5.0 X 100 | Battiti | Radio 3 RAI | 2013 — [ LISTEN ]
Nicola Catalano | Interstitial Spaces | Battiti | Radio 3 RAI | 2014 — [ LISTEN ]
“Ritroviamo la Farmacia 901, splendida label magistralmente diretta dal lavoro di Fabio Perletta con questo CD contenente un unico brano di ventuno celestiali minuti.”
— Ivo D’Antoni | Electronique.it
“Farmacia901, o meglio Fabio Perletta, è come sempre molto attenta all’estetica e naturalmente in tema con la materia musicale in questione, inserisce il CD in una custodia trasparente su un supporto a sua volta trasparente e giocando con dei cerchi concentrici di colore grigio-azzurro crea un oggetto di design. Da ascoltare e da avere.”
— Gianmaria Aprile | Sodapop
“A label created by the musician Fabio Perletta to promote what we can distinctively consider to be the pinnacle of nowadays abstract electronic minimalist music.
Undefined is the new splendid and intensively evocative electronic release published by the Italian based label Farmacia901 (launched a couple of years before by the inter-media artist and sound designer Fabio Perletta). For new listeners let say that Farmacia901 delivers an original catalog of beautifully packaged albums whose musical register reveals a cross between “new simplicity” (minimalist-poststructural tendencies in “process music”), kinetic-cinematic ambient and sound sculptures.”
— Philippe Blanche | Igloo Magazine
“Given that the Italy-based, self-described “media-network” Farmacia901 founds itself, in part, on the principle of the beauty of minimalism, no better product would seem to be more representative of its aesthetic than a collaboration involving microsound artists Richard Chartier and Yann Novak. In fact, everything about the project, from its stark cover design to its choice of non-title, screams minimalism of the most extreme kind.”
“For Undefined, it was decided to go with an Italian “media-network” called Farmacia901, a label which concentrates on “minimalism, music as design, and sound as malleable material”, on which Novak has already published Blue.Hour in January of 2013. Undefined is Farmacia901′s only 10th release, and it already managed to snatch some of the scene’s superstars. Well done!”
— Headphone Commute
“Somebody must have done something right! Yann Novak appears on both these new releases from Italy’s answer to 12K and Line, Farmacia901.”
— Frans De Waard | Vital Weekly
“Fabio Perletta, sound artist and founder of the excellent Farmacia901 label.”
— Stephen Fruitman | Igloo Magazine
- [ Link ]